Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Steamed Cake (My Style)

20 August 2013 - My mum asked me to go to buy “Fatt Koh” for praying tonight with the hot sunshine day. So I ask her it that necessary to have a “Fatt Koh” for praying and she say NO. She says anything “Koh” also can pray then I decide to do something similar to her for replace the “Fatt Koh”. End up is not bad I feel I more like it if compare the original “Fatt Koh” Hahaha…

Ingredients
  • 200 grams plain flour
  • 2-3 tsp double action baking power
  • 2 eggs
  • 50 g caster sugar
  • 100 ml water
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • any food coloring of your choice
Methods:
  1. Sieve flour and baking powder in a big bowl. Set aside
  2. Beat eggs and sugar till fluffy and add in the vegetable oil and best till well mixed
  3. Mix the water and egg mixture alternately into flour until you get a thick batter
  4. Heat up steamer / wok with water
  5. Add in coloring and stir until well mix
  6. Pour batter into a lined cupcake mould till 90% full
  7. Steam in a preheated steamer for 25 minutes
Note: if your are vegetarian, you can ignore the eggs.

No comments: